NJ Laser Hair Removal | New Jersey Plastic Surgery
Palisade Plastic Surgery Associates, PC. is pleased to offer the world's most advanced treatment for long-term hair removal. We perform quick and long lasting New Jersey hair removal using the most advanced and efficient laser available, designed to remove unwanted hair from any part of the body in both men and women and approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for hair removal reduction.
What forms of therapy are available for the removal of unwanted hairs?
- Mechanical methods of hair removal provide only temporary results. These include shaving, waxing, tweezing & epilation. These methods remove the hair, but leave the follicles intact. The hair regrows in 1 to 4 weeks in most cases.
- NJ Laser Hair Removal is able to provide long-term hair removal using electricity. A needle is inserted into each individual hair follicle and electricity is applied. This method is painful, time consuming, and expensive. Laser Hair Removal can sometimes cause folliculitis, infection, and scaring. To be successful multiple treatments are required, typically once a week for up to one year or longer.
- Medical lasers are available that can effectively treat hair follicles using laser light. The light emitted from the laser is absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicles. It is delivered in very short pulses, which disable the follicle without heating up the surrounding skin. The laser does not break or burn the skin.
What is the advantage of using a laser?
Lasers are precise instruments that can be adjusted to the exact parameters that will specifically disable the hair follicle. Unlike the "hair by hair" treatments, like NJ Laser Hair Removal, the laser uses a wide beam, which treats many hairs at once. Because of this, large areas, such as a man's back, can be completely hair free within an hour or so. You will see immediate results that will last far longer than shaving, tweezing, waxing, or any other temporary treatments.
How does the laser work?
The laser is pulsed, or "turned on" for a fraction of a second. The pigment located in the hair follicle absorbs the laser's light. The duration of the pulses have been carefully determined so that energy will be absorbed by the follicle and disable it, but not long enough for excess heat to be transferred to the surrounding skin. The result is safe and effective hair removal.
How many laser hair removal treatments will I need?
The laser works by disabling hairs that are in active growth phase. Because up to 90% of hair follicles are in the active phase at one time, some hair will re-grow from the remaining follicles several weeks after treatment. Treatments repeated in 4 to 8 week intervals give the best long-term results. Three to five treatments are typically required, while some clients were completely satisfied after only one or two treatments.
Is laser hair removal safe?
Yes. New Jersey laser hair removal was pioneered after more than 30 years of laser research and has been shown through extensive clinical trials to provide safe and effective hair removal.
Does it hurt?
The laser emits only light. You may feel a tingling or snapping sensation, like a rubber band. Most laser clients describe the treatment as mildly uncomfortable, not painful. The laser's advanced cooling system should reduce any discomfort. For more sensitive area's, anesthetic cream may be used such as Topicaine gel or EMLA cream may be used.
How long will it take?
Because the laser treats many follicles at one time, facial areas (chin, lips, etc.) can be treated in as little as 10-15 minutes. Small areas (underarm, bikini line, etc.) normally take less than half an hour. Larger areas (full back, full legs, etc.) are usually 1 hour or more, depending on the size of the area and density of the hair.
What happens after treatment?
Within several minutes, the treated areas may become slightly red and puffy. This reaction subsides quickly, and within a day or so the areas return to normal. Clients often describe the sensation as mild sunburn for the first day. Since the laser does not cut the skin, bandages are not necessary and most people return to normal activity immediately.
Who is a good candidate for Bergen County laser hair removal?
The perfect candidate has dark hair and light to medium skin tone. Darker hair absorbs more of the laser light, and lighter skin interferes less with the movement of the laser light into the follicle. Dark or tanned skin runs the risk of pigmentation changes following the procedure. Therefore you should avoid all forms of tanning for 2-4 weeks prior to treatment.
Why use PPSA over other NJ laser hair removal treatments?
Our staff consists of a Board Certified Physician and certified technician who will provide you with both the safety, courtesy and professionalism you deserve. We believe in using only the best lasers currently available for safe hair removal in both men and women of all skin types. Call our Fort Lee office now to set up your free consultation.
NJ Laser Hair Removal Treatments for Men
- Back of Neck Hair Removal
- Beard Removal
- Beard Outlining
- Beard Shaping
- Removal of Ear & Nose Hair
- Removal of Back Hair
- Removal of Hair on Shoulders
- Turn 1 Eyebrow into 2
- Removal of Hair on Buttocks
- Removal of Hair on Hands & Feet
NJ Laser Hair Removal Treatments for Women
- Removal of Chin Hair
- Removal of Upper Lip Hair
- Shape Bikini Lines
- Shape Eyebrows
- Shape Pubic Hair
- Removal of Pubic Hair
- Removal of Under Arm Hair
- Removal of Sideburns
- Removal of Arm Hair
- Removal of Leg Hair